Heads Gotta Roll!

Heads Gotta Roll!
Devolution

Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Loneliest Feeling

I have been divorced for a year and separated for over two. Truth be told, we were separated a lot longer than that. I was not a great husband, and  I do not blame my ex for falling out of love with me. It happens.

I also must admit, that there are some exhilarating changes that come with your freedom, for example, not having to answer for everything you do, or being able to go where you want to go when you want to go.

However, the loneliest feeling, one that never fails to make my eyes water, is coming out of a store or bar late in the evening and walking across an empty parking lot to my truck. I always start thinking that no one who cares about me knows where I am or what I am doing. For a few minutes, loneliness spreads across my body like a cold winter wind. It takes me a while to refocus my efforts to move forward.

I also always end up thinking how ironic it is that it took something so simple to make me understand how special it is to have someone waiting for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment