Heads Gotta Roll!

Heads Gotta Roll!
Devolution

Friday, August 12, 2011

A Much Needed Disclaimer

  I have gone from no blogs to having written four in the last few hours. I am trying to wean myself away from dinner time television. I wanted to qualify one of my previous blogs. I think it would be a good idea to further explain some of what I said about today's keynote speaker.

  I did mean to question her intentions or her very obvious qualifications and achievements. I also did not mean to be rude. I do have a lot of issues with people who are in charge of deciding which way our education system is going. I only have to look around me to see the graveyard of unwise educational decisions that public education has become.

    For example, the decision to bend over backwards for the individual student who can not behave at the expense of those who can and do. It seems to me that we put up with far to much bad behavior than we should. I don't believe in throwing kids away, but often it is this increased tolerance for such misbehavior that corrupts them most completely.

  I have to wonder why too often the people making important educational decisions do not have a social filter that would alert them as to how well their information is being received, do not have the ability to present information in a concise manner, and do not have the ability to summarize important points into short but powerful bites.

That is what teaching is all about isn't it?




No comments:

Post a Comment